December 30, 2007

Aquarium: Kitty Facepainting, Touching Sea Stars

Despite the entirely aquatic theme in which we were immersed, Julianne nevertheless chose a kitty to be painted on her cheek. A white kitty with a pink bow. This must be one of my favorite-ever face paintings!

First looking in on the starfish - I mean, sea stars -- then reaching in and touching them. The guides explained a change in terminology that I've noticed since raising Julianne, that what we used to call starfish would now rather be called sea stars, since they are not related to fish. I had noticed it in her baby books and on Go Diego! I really don't think the lovely creatures care what they call them, but it had been bothering me that nobody says "starfish" anymore. I felt like I missed that memo, but now I am enlightened.
Posted by Picasa